Author Topic: Scala Player Application Monitoring  (Read 841 times)

Offline matsoso

• View Profile
Scala Player Application Monitoring
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:05 AM »
Hello,

I have installed Scala Player 5 on win7 64-bit platform. The application keeps on crashing now and then, with the message: "The Program has encountered the problem and needs to close. Sorry for inconvenience."

I want to develop the windows batch file script which can monitor that crashed state of the Scala Player 5 application so that I may know in time when the crash occurs.

Can any one help me with how I can accomplish that. I think even the basic way to monitor an application running on windows can be suitable; then I will map that specifically for Scala Player 5.

I will be very glad to receive help from you.

Regards,

Matsoso Seboka.

Offline lufo

• View Profile
    • M-Cube s.p.a.
Re: Scala Player Application Monitoring
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »
i think a better solution is to disable the application error reporting interface, so if scala for same reason crash it would automatically restart the pc.
you can disable it by modifying a registry key. You can create a .reg file with text below and then execute it:

Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting]
"DontShowUI"=dword:00000001
M-Cube s.p.a.

Offline JohnS

• Scala Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Scala Player Application Monitoring
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 09:30:46 AM »
SInce "Player Health Monitoring" in Content Manager5 will already tell you when a Player crashes--the "even better option" would be to figure out why the Player is crashing on your platform.

There obviously is something wrong with that system:  OS Load, OS Configuration, Device Drivers--there is something wrong with that machine!

--J