Author Topic: Scheduling content once an hour  (Read 1637 times)

Offline atyson01

• View Profile
Scheduling content once an hour
« on: October 10, 2012, 10:55:29 AM »
What's the best way to schedule a 14min video to play once an hour daily or from 7am to 8pm?

What I have tried so far is I add the video then schedule it for 7am to 7:15am. Then add the video again for 8am to 8:15am. Then add the video again for each hour. I have also re-named the video to reflect each hour "video 7am" video 8am", ect. This is in the play list and not the channel.

Now my problem is the video no longer shows up in the preview pane, as if the video is gone.

Offline atyson01

• View Profile
Re: Scheduling content once an hour
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »
Also I would upload a screen shot but I can't because of this error message.

Cannot access attachments upload path!

Offline lufo

• View Profile
    • M-Cube s.p.a.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 08:09:37 AM »
use a time trigger is much easyer
M-Cube s.p.a.

Offline atyson01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »
Time trigger? Don't see where I can do that... If you mean where you can set a schedule at the top then that schedule only has increments of 1hr. I only need it to play for 15min.

Offline lufo

• View Profile
    • M-Cube s.p.a.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 05:10:31 AM »
M-Cube s.p.a.

Offline atyson01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »
Thanks lufo. But I am running Signchannel not Scala enterprise product. You would think that this feature would be a no brainer but its not on this product. Manually creating a 10min video to play once an hour is a daunting task, the slider bars are a neat feature but becomes very annoying when creating a repeating schedule. Takes me at least 1/2 hr to create 23 repeating schedules. Too bad there isn't a feature request with signchannel, because this would be it. To be able to repeat content on a time and schedule basis. I just hope that I don't have to buy the more expensive enterprise content to get this feature. I would be difficult to buy because at Signchannel you are locked into a 2yr contract.  ::)