Author Topic: HD Live camera -> Scala  (Read 7657 times)

Offline bunny

• View Profile
HD Live camera -> Scala
« on: October 09, 2009, 02:30:05 AM »
For one of the big screens, I have a need to show live camera on it. The actual screen resolution is 1024x768, the problem is getting video into scala.

Elsewhere I saw someone saying "HD over composite", I think his HD isn't really HD out the other end. Then someone else suggests using windows media encoder etc. on another box and piping it across. That is unacceptable for this stunt since the encoding/buffering delays are still noticeable even when buffering is minimised.

The previous event we used composite (coming out of an HDMI converter) and it didn't look so great on the big screen, the contrast was whacked and it's near impossible to tweak TV Tuner EX when it's running. (Sure, you can in designer, but that is half way across town.)

So, does anyone have any hardware recommendations for something like:

HD Cam -> Scala.   eg, HD-SDI

For example, has anyone used Blackmagic designs  Intensity Pro or Decklink Studio with scala?

What happens when I have 2 cameras?

Note: Building a player box specially for this job isn't a problem. The current one is quad core and not exactly stressed though.

Offline jpdargent

• View Profile
Re: HD Live camera -> Scala
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 06:10:37 AM »
Hi bunny!

I'm currently loking for the same thing you used to in 2009!
Did you find a solution?

Offline Core Technology

• Scala Partner
  • coretechonline.com and helpwithscala.com
    • View Profile
    • Core Technology, Inc
Re: HD Live camera -> Scala
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »
Jpdargent:

you can use the Scala TV Tuner EX and a TV Tuner card to connect a camera directly to the player - or connect to streaming video from a camera anywhere.