Author Topic: Teamviewer terminating Scala  (Read 1807 times)

Offline kit Kat

• View Profile
Teamviewer terminating Scala
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:38:04 PM »
Hello everyone

I am hoping someone can help me with this bizarre problem I am having. I have Scala player 5 installed with windows 7 professional. All my other players at different times locations are displaying content perfectly except for one location. We've noticed the problem with Scala terminating abnormally when we open and exit Teamviewer. It's as if teamviewer is causing a quit of Scala player. I ha e turned off the option where Teamviewer closes the remote computer. I have tried installig a different version of Teaviewer. I've tried three different players and they all have the same issue where scala quits itseld after i close Teamviewer. Internet connectivity remains after Scala quit so I can still log in remotely to relaunch scala. However the computer does a restart automatically after I hit OK to exit out of the message dialog box

Does anyone know if the Internet might cause Scala to terminate abnormally?  In the health logs there's a problem 93 that keeps popping up. See below error message.

Prpblem 93: The player reported problems and was not playing:
12 Problems:   
Watchdog detected that Player failed to complete playing the current media item when expected, and may need to be rebooted. Please contact Technical Support if this problem persists.

I'm running out of ideas to troubleshoot. Has anyone experienced this issue before ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Dank

• View Profile
Re: Teamviewer terminating Scala
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 07:21:12 PM »
Kit Kat,

The one thing I would be concerned with your team viewer usage here is whether or not it is a commercial version of team viewer. That said is the "FREE" version tends to dump a lot of message pop ups.

As well, the "FREE" version is designed in its code base that up on exit it is to place the thank you windows and such upon session close. In the code it is set for these windows to take "Focus". Meaning to become the active window. This would defiantly cause an issue. There really isn't going to be any way around that if this is in fact the case you are having because this take focus call is actually written into the compile for team viewer.

If you are on a full paid commercial version of team viewer there may be more to look at here.

What it currently sounds like is a free version or commercial that is not set up on client only install (full install may have some pop ups too, not sure here). When something abruptly takes focus it will cause a playback issue. If this is interrupted Scala will restart the unit as a failsafe to restart the infochannel service and such because it failed unexpectedly.

Offline iak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 03:21:56 PM »
I don't use teamviewer but had a similar problem when finishing a remote session.

To remedy this, i set up a script file called "DelayScalaPlayer.vbs" to execute scala player after 30 seconds (or however long you want to it to wait). I execute the script before just before I log out of a remote session. Scala tends to execute perfectly to remain the top window. (There is also a script out there in the forums to Force Scala to always remain the top window; or to force it to maximize in the event something causes it to minimize.)

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WScript.Sleep 30000
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\Program Files (x86)\Scala\Player 5\InfoChannelPlayer5.exe"
Set WshShell = Nothing

Offline Mikey7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »
I have the same problem, Scala player software closes with an error most of the time when I close a Teamviewer session.  I devised a workaround.  We have created a short script that runs on boot up which delays the opening of Scala because we found that the player software was sometimes opening before our player had a network connection, resulting in an error that shuts down scala. I also use that delay script to avoid the Teamviewer issue.  When I access a Scala player remotely through Teamviewer, I do what needs to be done in Scala, then I close the Scala software.  I then run the delay script, which delays the opening of Scala for about 5 seconds. In that delay interval, I close out of Teamviewer, so Scala is not yet opening when Teamviewer shuts down.  Let me know if you'd like me to publish this script.

Offline alexander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »
Hi Kit Kat,

This problem may be caused by tv_w32.dll which is loaded with tv_w32.exe application of the TeamViewer.
Terminate the tv_w32.exe and the Scala and TeamViewer will work correctly.

I created a script which terminates the tv_w32.exe application and put the script in the StartUp folder. After that I can connect and disconnect to the player and the Scala will continue working properly.

Offline ldq74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 05:39:33 AM »
Hi, Kit Kat.

We are having same problems with Teamviewer 12 and Scala PC Players.

This is a solution that works for us:

Scala recomends using the "Improve Application Compatibility" option to solves this issue.

- Open Teamviewer (your client, not on the player) -> Extras-> Options -> Remote control (tab)
- Set Quality to "Custom Settings"
- Now click the "Custom settings" button
- Now check the "Improve Application Compatibility" box and click OK
- Now click OK again to close the settings.

Now the issue should not occur anymore.

Thanks.

Ldq74.