Author Topic: Teamviewer terminating Scala  (Read 1156 times)

Offline kit Kat

• View Profile
Teamviewer terminating Scala
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:41:16 PM »
Hello everyone

I am hoping someone can help me with this bizarre problem I am having. I have Scala player 5 installed with windows 7 professional. All my other players at different times locations are displaying content perfectly except for one location. We've noticed the problem with Scala terminating abnormally when we open and exit Teamviewer. It's as if teamviewer is causing a quit of Scala player. I ha e turned off the option where Teamviewer closes the remote computer. I have tried installig a different version of Teaviewer. I've tried three different players and they all have the same issue where scala quits itseld after i close Teamviewer. Internet connectivity remains after Scala quit so I can still log in remotely to relaunch scala. However the computer does a restart automatically after I hit OK to exit out of the message dialog box

Does anyone know if the Internet might cause Scala to terminate abnormally?  In the health logs there's a problem 93 that keeps popping up. See below error message.

Prpblem 93: The player reported problems and was not playing:
12 Problems:   
Watchdog detected that Player failed to complete playing the current media item when expected, and may need to be rebooted. Please contact Technical Support if this problem persists.

I'm running out of ideas to troubleshoot. Has anyone experienced this issue before ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline alexander

• View Profile
Re: Teamviewer terminating Scala
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 07:58:59 AM »
Hi,

This problem may be caused by tv_w32.dll which is loaded with tv_w32.exe application of the TeamViewer.
Terminate the tv_w32.exe and the Scala and TeamViewer will work correctly.

Offline iak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 06:19:57 PM »
If its the freeware teamviewer version, yes it will cancel out scala because the stupid "thanks for playing fairly" notification becomes the top most screen.

Try setting a delay for scala player to start.

I had similar issue where scala would minimize when executing a 2up screen. I setup Scala Player to launch on a delay after i have already exected my remote session. This works for me, but i'm not using teamviewer.

Offline jameswarner

• James Warner works with NSS as a scala programmers
    • View Profile
    • Scala Magic in Development
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 06:52:07 AM »
hi all
we are getting a Scala Player Transmission Client service terminated with service-specific error %%-2147467489  >:(

Has anyone else come across this before or has an idea why this occurs?