Author Topic: Frame dropping when rotating a video in SCA  (Read 419 times)

Offline Regis

• View Profile
Frame dropping when rotating a video in SCA
« on: October 15, 2015, 10:57:45 AM »
Hi,

For historical reason we've got tilted monitor setup in landscape mode and displaying portrait media.

As the screen is in landscape mode, the medias had been produced rotated by 90° to be displayed in portrait mode when played on the screens.

I'm trying to get things right and display  portrait medias in portrait mode screen.

But, we have 400 players displaying tilted medias, so to the right setup, we have to change the rotation set in the scala player (90°) and load new sca file with portrait média. But we can't have players displaying tilted media in between.

My first try had been to rotate media by script in SCA depending on the setup of the player (with TargetWidth and comparing frame size vs display size), it works I tilt wgt (html pages) but when I rotate a video it starts with 2 or 3 second of delay and it drop frame during the play.

Did some one have an idea resolve this problem : Rotating of certain medias in a SCA or change the display config when playing a new sca containing only portrait media.

Regards,

Offline streetmentioner

• View Profile
Re: Frame dropping when rotating a video in SCA
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 10:35:56 AM »
It's a little late but:

Here's a thought - setup Player Metadata.  Use a picklist, have two options:

Normal
Rotated

or something to that effect.

Then, in your playlist, put both the regular and rotated media, but set them to play conditionally, depending on the players Metadata.