Author Topic: Features Requests  (Read 4347 times)

Offline limparty

• View Profile
Features Requests
« on: March 23, 2010, 01:05:52 AM »

I am Solution Manager of Click Grafix (Thailand) Co.,Ltd. Now we have much more competitor in Thailand, especially Thais programmers who develop their own digital signage software. The most issues that they win are:-
- cheaper (very important for this time with this economy but not the most)
- able to display pps (PowerPoint Slide Show)
- able to display website (input URL)
- able to display pdf

We also told our customers that they are not stable and no prove for big network, but they think that it is more easy than SCALA because they can show pps and website and pdf.

So please make SCALA to able to show pps, website and pdf.

Mr.Sittichai Ratanakietsakul
Solution Manager
Click Grafix (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.

Offline bunny

• View Profile
Re: Features Requests
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 03:30:33 AM »
Time to show off what scala can do compared to the (usually linux based) crap.
Step up to the challenge and find their weak spots.

Most of the crap I have seen has serious problems with scrollies. Those little
telop things that they can just barely do 1 of, it stutters and jerks and looks awful.

They also have difficulty updating the contents while playing. (We have a site
where the store manager can change prices on a web page and they show up
shortly after, live and direct with no interruption.)

Only one of the 3 or 4 that I tested (taiwanese I think) can update contents while playing, but heaven help you if its playing a video that is close to the limit of the CF card.

Fancy fades and the likes are also good ammunition.

Personally, I find powerpoints nauseating, but your mileage may vary, I am sure
that managers dribble powerpoint presentations out of every orifice, but quite honestly, who wants to look at powerpoints when they are out shopping? It's soporific in the extreme.

Offline kiteloop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 05:16:59 AM »
Website is possible today through Designer.
Powerpoint would be a fun to have feature but no one can make good powerpoints in the correct resolutions anyway so just skip that.

PDF I would really like also, since it is vectorbased text which scale very well and many people which do print is intimate with exporting to pdf.

Offline rabutler1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 07:30:50 AM »

Hi All,

I am UK based and want to use Scala Designer IC5 as a live presentation tool to offer my clients a more 'grown-up' solution to PowerPoint.  Unfortunately, they will never stop using the Microsoft product to create their presentations as Office is so widely used and on almost everyone's PC.  So I will always be confronted with a client who turns up last minute with a presentation to incorporate into the show.

So if any of the powers that be are reading this then the ability to embed and run a PowerPoint presentation inside Scala would be a great feature for me to have . . . Please.

Kind Regards,