Author Topic: HTML 5 Widgets and Local Storage  (Read 925 times)

Offline gtonti

• View Profile
HTML 5 Widgets and Local Storage
« on: December 01, 2015, 02:05:26 PM »
Hi all.  Is anyone working with HTML5 widgets with live data feeds and the Scala Player?  Does anyone have particular experience with the use of HTML's Local.Storage option for caching data when Internet connectivity is compromised?  I'm definitely interested in talking to someone about making this work within Scala.  Thanks!!!

Offline rorndorff

• View Profile
Re: HTML 5 Widgets and Local Storage
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 02:47:57 PM »
Local storage does work very well to cache data into the player.  But, in 10.5.6 the cache does not survive the reboot of the player, but in 11.0 it does.   I have a few widgets operational that store large amounts of JSON.  The JSON references image URLs, and once they are accessed by the player on the first time around, the images are cached as well.

Offline gtonti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 01:58:48 PM »
I'm interested in discussing.  Can we talk on the phone?  My direct email is jvogt@infermadiks.com.  I am working with a client (Guy Tonti) who uses Scala to manage his network.

Offline dknudsen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 02:53:59 PM »
Hey gtonti, it's been a while, were you able to connect with anyone on this? I've been using HTML5 webclips for live data quite heavily, bringing multiple webclips onto a script page to form my own live dashboard with info from multiple sources.

Offline gtonti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 07:47:23 PM »
yes, works fine now with 11.x