Author Topic: Help using Content Directory Scala 5  (Read 258 times)

Offline jatinder.hothi

• View Profile
Help using Content Directory Scala 5
« on: December 02, 2016, 12:30:22 PM »
Hello,

Scala noob here trying to get a better understanding of how this all works together. So I have a text file that get's generated every 15 min which contains text that I want to display on our scala screens. I have created a .sca file in designer which is able to pull the text from the text file and display. The issue comes when the text file changes and new information is not displayed on the screen. I believe this comes from me not using the Content Directory. From my understanding, when I create a .sca file in Designer and publish it to the content manager, it just takes a copy of whatever text file I have pointed it too and displays that and only that. If the text file were to change, the changes won't be reflected on the screen, unless I go to Designer and publish the .sca again. I believe this forum post sums up my issue (http://forums.infochanneltv.net/index.php?topic=1268.0) but am having issues using the content directory. I have already set my Schedule to Non-Scheduled Content but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. Any help on how to use the Content Directory would be very welcomed as my googling didn't find much.

Thanks very much!

Jatinder

Offline cpmalone

• View Profile
Re: Help using Content Directory Scala 5
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 04:53:23 PM »
Not something I've used before, but this section from the player MMOS.ini documentation sounds like it's close to what you're looking to do:

https://docs.scala.com/display/P1101/Advanced+Configuration+Options+for+Player
=============

MEDIA_Content

You can override the location of the Content folder by setting:
MEDIA_Content=path
MEDIA_LocalIntegratedContent

Normally, when a Scala script references some media, that media is sent along with the script when the script is published to a Scala network. However, any media that isLinked Content is not sent with the script that references it. Such content either needs to be added separately within Scala Enterprise Content Manager, or needs to be installed, delivered, or generated on the player.