Author Topic: replacement player not receiving available license  (Read 437 times)

Offline IFBI

• View Profile
replacement player not receiving available license
« on: December 29, 2016, 03:31:57 PM »
Hi, recently we replaced 3 players with newer computers and the players are taking several days to connect to the server. I ran the reassign license process and also deleted and readded the players in the content manager. I also restarted the content manager server with no effect. 2 of the 3 players connected after 2-3 days the last player is going on 3 days now without connecting(everything is the same as the working players). there are no errors in the ic.log file except for "no player license detected". the scala configuration on the client works fine. I can select an unused player, then restart the transmission service successfully, except it still doesn't fix the issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Offline IFBI

• View Profile
Re: replacement player not receiving available license
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 04:46:12 PM »
I am at a loss. one of the 3 new pc's is still not working. Identical setup in everyway. Same bios, drivers, os version, patches, firewall settings, same monitor, same version of scala. No one has ever experienced this before?? Let me try coming at this from a different angle. what, on the client pc, is responsible for contacting the server to request a license(transmission service, Etc)? Is there a way besides the scala configuration client settings, to confirm that a client is communicating with the server. i tried wireshark and everything appears normal form a packet standpoint.

Offline IFBI

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 04:19:04 PM »
Ok, here is some more information on this issue. These new players are brand new from seneca with scala already installed. anyone have any problems getting a seneca player to connect to the seneca contact manager software?

Offline IFBI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 08:34:16 AM »
Just fyi.... not that i expect anyone to answer, but a second player out of the 8 we purchased from seneca will not talk to the server. Again there is nothing different about this particular box from a working one. The hardware and software are identitcal to a T. Has anyone at all had the issue where they can connect via scala configuration to the server and choose a player, but the billing log is never written and there is no other communication between the client and server. something doesnt add up.

Offline iak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 06:36:55 PM »
Scala doesn't monitor these forums unfortunately; Try contacting Scala or Seneca directly.

Offline IFBI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 08:14:49 AM »
Hi Iak, Thanks for replying back. I figured Scala doesnt monitor, but i was hoping at least one person experienced the same problem before. And i have contacted scala support before and it has not helped.