Author Topic: Schedule Script Toolkit (2016-04-22) Problem  (Read 167 times)

Offline dargs

• View Profile
Schedule Script Toolkit (2016-04-22) Problem
« on: May 14, 2017, 10:52:33 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying out these 'schedule' scripts for first time, and can't quite get my head around what's not working.

* Update * Getting closer, can get script to display info if I use hard coded values for Player.schedule_location (either 'all' or 'Room 101' etc), will investigate if the script player metadata is getting parsed correction with !Player.schedule_location in a new script **

Following the ReadMe_Schedule.pdf from the Toolkit download, and testing with the CSV version (Ideally want JSON via an external web page, but seems easier to work with data that's already in Content Manager ).

1. Publish the Template
- Yes, using Designer 10.5.16

2. Upload the schedule file - yep, (schedule.csv)

3. Create a Message
Create a new Message and name it after the schedule (eg: "West Tower
Events").
Enter the following into the Message Fields:
Time_Format = Either "12" or "24" hour style of time formatting.
Schedule_File = Select the schedule file you uploaded.
• Save the Message.

I don't get those Message Fields appearing, just the message file select. Should I be seeing those other 2 var's ?

Screenshot
https://www.flickr.com/gp/dargs/qNQo5s

Also if I have made a player metadata variable 'Player.schedule_location' and set my testing player to "all"  but when the script plays, I don't see any data.

As I write this I think i'm getting closer, but any tips on if the demo should work 'out of the box' would be good.

Thanks
dargs

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:39:48 PM by dargs »

Offline dargs

• View Profile
Re: Schedule Script Toolkit (2016-04-22) Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 07:49:43 PM »

Related to Player.schedule_location meta data, noticed there's a spot to enter a value under Player Properties, as well as under Channel Properties. 

From further testing, I see designer script appears to be using the Player Properties Player.schedule_location value, not the Channel Properties version  (in 10.5.16 at least, not sure if this different in latest versions)

Offline dargs

• View Profile
Re: Schedule Script Toolkit (2016-04-22) Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 12:40:11 AM »
Update, After playing around for a hours, found the spot in Script Properties for Data where the variables scope is Template. Slowly getting there!