Author Topic: Player not playing - "Restarting system. Please wait."  (Read 11169 times)

Offline chrismcnutt

• View Profile
Player not playing - "Restarting system. Please wait."
« on: March 17, 2010, 04:42:43 PM »
The Player app on the player hardware I recently acquired direct from Scala has decided not to "play" anymore. Following windows log-on, clicking the Player icon, or through the start menu results in the start-up box stating  "Restarting system. Please wait", followed by a 3-4 min wait, and then the player re-boots only to go through the whole process again. I updated to the 5.0.17, but no change. The server techs can find no errors in the server itself, so it seems like an app glitch. It was working fine until today (i.e a re-boot followed by starting Player would result in the app starting, no errors)

any ideas? My channels are down until I can get this going

any help is appreciated
thanks,
Chris

Offline bunny

• View Profile
Re: Player not playing - "Restarting system. Please wait."
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 04:48:29 AM »
Usually this is a driver issue.
Check you haven't broken your graphics drivers.

And remember IC.log for usful stuff!

Offline JohnS

• Scala Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:53:22 PM »
"The Player app on the player hardware I recently acquired direct from Scala has decided not to "play" anymore."

Scala does not sell Player hardware.

If you are an Engineer/Tech with a firm with which Scala is doing joint development--or your are a Corporate or Manufacturing Customer who has a development prototype or "Image master system" or a Demo Box--you should contact the Scala Rep. with whom you were dealing.

Regards,

--JSS

Offline limparty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 11:19:30 PM »
Only problem I found the error is that we configure ICP5 to display 2 channels but there is only 1 screen connect to ICP5. So please check the configuration and screen connection to ICP5.

Limparty

Offline nton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 04:58:58 AM »
Only problem I found the error is that we configure ICP5 to display 2 channels but there is only 1 screen connect to ICP5. So please check the configuration and screen connection to ICP5.

Limparty

100% correct, this is the most common issue when you face "Restarting system. Please wait". I think Scala should fix this, i know it's an "auto fix in case of problems", but in some cases this is really frustrating since it never solves the problem in this case.

Offline stefan.kima

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 12:48:30 AM »
WORKAROUND

Delete the transmission client and player from the auto-run and then
make a visual basic script that waits a minute, starts the transmission client, waits another minute, and then starts the player.
Put this script into the auto-run

and your fine

Offline marvin_jlm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 02:53:38 PM »
Not sure if you got this fixed but usually this happened to us after some sort of power failure not necessarily complete power loss. we found out that the driver on the graphics card was corrupted somehow, but reinstalling it fixed the problem. we always keep these drivers on the player for these kind of problems. try that also to bypass this restarting sequence so you can work on the machine, hit control+alt+delete and sto :-\p any infochannel apps from running, work on whatever you have to do to fix the problem and reboot. should work.

Offline ggreen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
Ben working with scala 5  ver 4.01 for a while, the "restarting system" error occurs everytime that a video display device is disconnected
at start up. or when the rez has been changed. be sure that the windows control panel rez is the same as the Scala Config rez for both displays (if used). I have had this happen LITERALLY a hundred times. someone would disconnect the display monitor to connect a standard computer monitor, and upon reconnecting did not fix the rez which windows autochanged for the computer monitor. IT WILL REBOOT FOREVER until the
video rez in control panel matches the rez in scala config.

Offline Per Franck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 01:17:23 PM »
I've seen this exact issue when I used a player set up to display on two screens.

Oddly, it would work fine when the screens were rotated in landscape (no rotation), but when i tried to rotate the screens to portrait I would get this error. the problem was worked around by keeping the screens in landscape and using the rotation in the Scala player.

Offline JohnS

• Scala Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 04:44:39 PM »
Rotation from within the Scala Player is more efficient and more stable.

"Device Driver Rotation" is highly questionable.  We generally try to avoid using it--and since we have had rotation in the Player--its seldom been necessary.

--JSS

Offline mehmet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 03:03:22 AM »
I have 1 screen connected to the pc, the resolution is same as desktop but still having this problem. What did you do to fix it?

Offline iak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 12:30:56 PM »
That sounds like an EDID issue (it was for me)

I had a similar problem where my Player would minimize when the TVs turned on in the mornings, because the Player thinks something was just plugged in when the TV's powered up. However I was using a non EDID compliant Matrix at the time. Since I have been using EDID equipment, I have not had this issue.