Author Topic: SDI/DVI/HDMI - Digital Input for Scala Player  (Read 3453 times)

Offline jpdargent

• View Profile
SDI/DVI/HDMI - Digital Input for Scala Player
« on: March 16, 2012, 06:07:23 AM »
Dear all,

Is there any chance I can display Digital Live feed through Scala by using Digital Input Graphic card (like BlackMagic DeckLink SDI, or better)?
All Input graphic cards support only Analog, I was wondering if there is any Digital ones.
I'm not looking for HD Resolutions, a standard Inpunt (576 Lines) should do the trick. Does anyone have any experience in that?
Does it require some kind of extra license for Scala TV Tuner EX?

The best would be to be able to use input sound embedded in SDI at the same time.

THX!

Offline kiteloop

• View Profile
Re: SDI/DVI/HDMI - Digital Input for Scala Player
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 02:04:24 PM »
Hi,

Good news, in Release 6 of Scala they added digital capture. The release notes says:
"Added support for two new video capture connector types: RGB, and Component. Also, added support for setting a custom capture frame-rate. This is useful for cards such as the BlackMagic Intensity Pro, and the DataPath VisionRGB-E1. "
https://license.scala.com/readme/ReleaseNotes.html

We bought a DataPath-card and it works very well!
The decklink cards seems to be a little bit picky when importing from dvi so we used the more expensive datapath card, would be intrested in comments for the decklink cards.

Offline mcartmel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 04:52:14 AM »
Hi,

I have a  BlackMagic Intensity Pro and I'm not sure what settings to use on the player config to get it to work. Any clues?

Cheers,
Michael

Offline lufo

• View Profile
    • M-Cube s.p.a.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 07:54:26 AM »
yes, in tvtuner ex module settings, select:
1) video capture: Decklink video capture
2) captiure size must be the same as your input signal resolution, usually 1280x720 (remeber that resolution higher than 1280x720 are not supported)
3) frame per second must be the same as your input signal refrash rate, usually 50/60fps(Hz) for progressive inputs or 25/30fps for interlaced
4) remember to click on "Make default" button, to have this as default input setting for your player.
5) confirm and exit.

Remember that DHCP input is not supported by blackmagic intensity pro. If your source needs a DHCP compliant input you will only see a distressing blank screen in your scala tv clip.
Hope this helps you.
M-Cube s.p.a.

Offline iak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 11:25:03 PM »
regarding Step 1 in lufo's process, I cannot get the Scala Configuration TV Tuner EX Module to "hold" the Decklink Video Capture, when I close the Configuration Utility and reopen it reverts to Blackmagic WDM Capture.

Curious if you saw the same thing (or maybe it relates to my using the new 9.8.6 release??).

TIA